Google’s Android One project was started to target low-cost earners in developing countries, allowing them to own smartphones which are an important tool, driving the global economy today.
Their first phone the Xiaomi Mi A1, has surprised the industry by giving a high-spec phone at a low cost. Users are thrilled at the prospect of having a powerful device without having to pay out too much from their precious savings or earnings.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 will be having some top-notch specifications and here are some of them:
- Display – It will have a 5.5-inch, 1080 X 1920 pixels display with multi-touch capabilities. It will be very clear with the ability to display 16 million colors.
- Body – It will be a light phone, weighing in at only 165 grams and have a Hybrid Dual-SIM configuration
- NOTE: the display will take up 70.1% of the full body of the device.
- Memory and OS – the Xiaomi Mi A1 will run on Android 7 upgradeable to Android 8. It will have 4 GB internal RAMand 64 GB internal storage capacity, upgradeable to 128 GB using a MicroSD card.
- Camera – The device will have a dual camera setup. The cameras will have phase detection autofocus, Optical zoom of up to 2X and a dual-LED flash. The first one will be a 12 megapixels 26mm camera with an f/2.2 aperture and the second one will be 5 megapixels, with an f/2.6 aperture.
- Other features – A rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, proximity, accelerometer and gyro sensors. It will also support fast battery charging and will come in Gold, Rose Gold and the traditional Black colors.
- Price – these features will only cost 234 dollars, which is quite low, when you compare with other devices having the same features.
As with all smartphones under the Android One Project, the device will be targeted at emerging economies. Countries such as India, Vietnam, Russia, Poland and Indonesia will be getting the device when it is launched on September 17th.
Google and partners involved in the project are doing a great job of ensuring that more people get connected to mobile telephony. This is remarkable as some smartphones have been out of the reach of many people in the world due to high prices. It is yet to be seen, which kind of smartphone will be launched next, under the umbrella of the Android One Project.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.