A new Google Maps version has been released, which can be installed right now on Android devices. First of all, we should mention that the new Google Maps 9.4.33 doesn’t come with new features, but it does contain some bug fixes that solve some issues that were present in the previous versions of the application.
However, before we tell you how to manually install the Google Maps on your Android device, we will talk a bit about the application. First of all, Google Maps is one of the most used navigation applications out there. In other words, if you are planning to visit a foreign country or city, Google Maps is the application that you will need.
The application can get you from a location to another, but it also contains reviews of restaurants, hotels and other places that you can visit in your journey. You can also leave a review of a place that you’ve just visited in order to contribute with an impression of the place. This way, you might help another person that comes by and wants to eat something at a restaurant or to take a nap in a hotel.
The downside of the application is that it is working great while in online mode. In other words, you will have to be connected to the internet to see the maps. However, you can also download a part of map by taking the following steps:
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and signed-in to Google Maps
- Search for a place such as “Chicago”
- At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place
- Zoom out or zoom in as much as you want and select Download
- Keep in mind that the map that you currently see on your screen will be saved.
Google Maps 9.44.3 For Android: Features
- Accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Voice guided GPS navigation for walking, driving or biking
- Transit directions and maps for over 15.000 cities and towns
- Live incident reports, traffic conditions and automatic re-routing to find the best/fastest route
- Detailed information about more than 100 million places
- Street view and indoor imagery for museums, restaurants, hotels and more.
Google Maps 9.44.3: How To Install On Your Android Device
- Download Google Maps 9.44.3 APK from the internet (make sure that the website is trustful)
- Enable “Unknown Sources” option from your device’s Settings->Security
- Use a file manager application to get to the location where you saved the Google Maps 9.44.3 APK and tap on it to start the installation process.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.