Whether you are a new or a seasoned WhatsApp user, there are features that you might not see coming. These are hidden features that you will find useful. Here is a list that you can refer to.
- Formatting Message Text – If in case you haven’t noticed, you can now format your message content by applying some emphasis on it such as bold, strikethrough, and italicized.
- Getting Message Details – You can now check if your message was indeed read or delivered to the recipient. Swiping to the left of the message can do the trick with iOS devices. However, a simple long-press of a particular message and tapping on the info icon below the screen can solve this problem for Android users.
- Muting a Conversation – This feature is practically useful when you are heading for a meeting or going to the movies. The mute feature of WhatsApp will put your app to silent mode. This would help you get rid of a chat group or a nosey friend not knowing how busy you are.
- Hiding Last Seen Status – You can have 3 options to allow Everybody, Nobody or all people from your contact list to see the Last Seen time of a particular message that you have previously read. Simply open Settings > Account > Privacy > Last Seen.
- Disabling Read Receipts – It is possible to disable read receipts from WhatsApp, preventing fellow users from knowing that you have already read the message. You can do this by going to Settings > Account > Privacy, then you have to uncheck the box adjacent to Read Receipts.
You can always enable or disable additional messaging features from WhatsApp to your own advantage. Just make sure that you are going to do it for a good reason though.