In September 2013, Samsung released its Galaxy Note 3 phablet with its Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. The latest firmware upgrade was the 5.1.1 Lollipop, and according to the company, it’s too old of a device to get any new upgrade. However, you can get the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on it through a process known as Phronesis custom ROM.
With the installation of the firmware, you’ll attain the newest security patches, performance enhancements, the do-not-disturb option and various other Google-introduced features. For you to install the Phronesis Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM, you need to do the following:
- Root the Note 3 LTE model, making sure to back up every bit of data with the Clockwork Mod Recovery/TWRP as well as install a USB driver software onto your computer.
- Ensure your phone has a minimum of 80 percent battery life. If the installation is interrupted, the Note 3 becomes bricked and unusable.
- Connect the phone is connected to the computer to transfer the zip files of Google Apps and Phronesis Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM. Be sure they go into the storage memory.
- Shut the phone off and remove it from the computer. Allow it to do its Recovery mode by pressing both the Power and Volume Down buttons for several seconds.
- Now, go into its TWRP settings menu.
- Wipe the memory of the phone using the “Wipe” option, choosing the “Swipe to Factory Reset.”
- Go into the TWRP settings after you’ve done this and install the .zip file.
- Confirm the “wipe to Confirm Flash.” The installation will take several minutes, and once done, you’ll see a “Successful” message.
If you notice any boot loop issues, go back to the TWRP settings and choose “Wipe cache/dalvik.”
India Residents Have Intex Aqua Power 4G For New Phone Option
If you currently reside in India, you have the option to choose the Intex Aqua Power 4G phone with the latest Android Marshmallow OS. The device costs about R6400 ($95 US). The specs of the phone include:
- Five-inch HD IPS display.
- 1GB of RAM
- Quad-core MediaTek MT6725P processor
- 3,800mAh battery capacity.
- 8GB storage memory that can be increased to 32GB
- 8MP main camera; 2MP selfie camera