You might have been wondering when the long awaited update of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge will come. Well, the long wait might finally be over in January 2017.
Before the expected release of the Android 7.0 Nougat for these devices, an official beta program was opened by Samsung about a month ago. This was considered a sign that the official release of the firmware was about to come. The only thing is that not all who own the Galaxy S7 were not interested due perhaps to the occasional bug or some performance issues.
It can be recalled that the beta testers of the Nougat update had received a notice from Samsung. This was about the beta program that was going to end on December 30. For this reason, the users will no longer be able to send some feedback to Samsung via the Galaxy Members app. On the other hand, they will be able to send some feedback through the community soon.
There were updates to the Android Nougat beta build for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, but they were not going to last anyway due to the upcoming Android 7 release. However, one of the changes included in the beta build is the new transparency feature for notifications on the lock screen. This will make the wallpaper visible all the time, regardless of the notifications being received.
As a guide to the coming release, the changelog mentioned that the software update would include stability improvements for your device, not to mention the many bug fixes. The download for this beta build update is only a lightweight size of 300MB. This update can also be downloadable via Wi-Fi connection.
The new Android 7.0 Nougat update for the S7 and S7 Edge is expected to be upgraded straight to Android 7.1.1. This announcement was made by Samsung in a response to a Galaxy beta program member, suggesting to upgrade the smartphones to the latest software.
Here are expected features of the Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- New TouchWiz UI. Instead of the green color, the interface will be a mix of white and blue. It is said that the new TouchWiz will be inspired from the Stock Android.
- New Camera App. The revamped camera is a lot more polished and easy to use. Thus, it can lock at one point and adjust focus on a different part of that image.
- New Lock Screen. Samsung has imported new S7 lock screen from the defunct Note 7. Aside from the notifications, it will allow users to access some apps without accessing the main menu.
- Blue Light Filter. The update will have a new blue light filter based on the Google Pixel for the S7 and S7 Edge. It also limits the eye strain by limiting the amount of blue light from the display.
- Expanded Multi Window. This will be extended for multiple apps instead of selective apps on the current version.
- New Battery Modes. Four modes are available for the new update, including the Game, Normal, Entertainment, and High Performance modes.
These are just a few of the anticipated features for the upcoming release of the Android 7 Nougat for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.