When a classic video game is ported to a mobile device, it is usually stripped of everything that made the game so awesome and it is given a free-to-play “makeover”. We have to agree that not all “in-app” purchases are bad, but there are cases where the economy is messed up because the players are able to do so many things by purchasing stuff with real money.
Well, in case of RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic we have some good news, as Atari has opted to just charge $5.99 upfront for full access to the game, which, according to the developers, it combines the best features from both RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.
Here are some features that the RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic comes with on Android and iOS:
- The Original RollerCoaster Sim: Experience the original RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 games that combine the best elements of both classic titles;
- Coaster Construction: Ability to create roller coasters, quickly build a pre-made design or use the intuitive piece-by-piece building tools to design your own unique ride;
- Park Designer: Keep the citizens happy by creating some gentle and wild rides, drink and food stalls, water rides or even transport rides to let them visit the park by wheels;
- Park Management: Learn how to run your park’s finances and marketing in order to make profit while attracting more guests;
- Exciting Environments: Create the best park with some challenging environment in order to bring more and more citizens and grow your profit;
- Park Scenarios: Complete all the 95 classic park scenarios from RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2;
- Create all types of roller coasters, rides, shops, facilities, stalls and more.
We should mention that this game doesn’t come with any micro-transactions, but in order to gain access to more content, you will need to purchase the three expansion packs from the App Store (Wacky Worlds, Time Twister and Toolkit).
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.