The OnePlus X came in November, last year, with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box, but a few months ago, it was upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Some of the owners want to get their taste of Nougat and now they have the chance to install the CM 14.1 series ROM, which was created by the mobile software development community CyanogenMod.
Android 7.1 Nougat Via CM 14.1 custom ROM comes with all new features introduced in Nougat, as well as exclusive apps, shortcuts, themes and other options that users will find useful. This nightly version lacks some features, but in the coming days will follow new updates and the software will be improved.
Remember that if you root your device and install custom ROM, its performance will be enhanced, but this will also void the warranty and you will need to pay the cost of repairing it, in case something will happen to it.
We must warn you that installation of custom ROM will require clearing of memory, so if you don’t want to lose important data, install Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP.
Also, you will need to install USB drivers on your PC, or else the phone will not be recognized when it will be plugged. The battery of the phone must be charged at up to 80 percent, because if it will shut down during the installation process, the device could get bricked.
And here are the steps that you will need to take in order to install CrDroid Android Nougat custom ROM on your OnePlus X model via TWRP recovery method:
- DownloadAndroid v7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod CM 14.1 custom ROM from here and Google Apps from here , then connect your phone to your PC and place the CM 14.1 custom ROM .zip file in the storage root folder;
- Turn off the phone and unplug it from PC;
- Enter Recovery mode by long pressing Volume Down and Power buttons;
- In the TWRP settings menu look for the option to wipe phone’s memory, then sperform factory reset by selecting Swipe to Factory Reset;
- Go back to TWRP settings, select the .zip file from the phone’s memory and tap “Install”;
- Again, go to the TWRP menu setting to tap “Swipe to Confirm Flash” in order to approve the installation;
- Flashing of the custom ROM will begin and you’ll wait a few minutes until a message “Successful” will appear on the screen;
- If you’re facing with boot loop problem, then head back to TWRP settings, and tap “Wipe cache/dalvik”.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.