Despite its many security vulnerabilities and issues, Adobe Flash Player remains an important plug-in and runtime application. This explains why letting go of it is still pretty much hard to do, despite threats of exploitation. And the reality, is Adobe Flash Player download is still very much a common activity on the web.
This shouldn’t come as a surprise, however, since Adobe Flash has many applications.
Along with Java, it allows you to watch videos on YouTube, which is basically the same as watching Flash animation. Then, there are Adobe Flash games, menus, website cursors and many others.
It supports a wide range of data formats, multimedia formats and streaming protocols. Flash Player is practically everywhere online. It’s present when streaming audio in MP3 format, or when watching videos in FLV format.
So even with security vulnerabilities, you’re going to find a need for Adobe Flash Player.
With everyone’s preference shifting to using mobile phones, Adobe Flash Player has made its way to the mobile platform as well. So if you still don’t have it, time to download it manually on your Android.
How to Download Flash on Android Manually
- Go to Settings menu, tap on Unknown Resources and then tap OK.
- On your web browser, look for the Flash Player archive page and check out previous Flash versions.
- Look for the Flash Player for Android archives section, and choose a version that is compatible with the version of your Android.
- Click on the download link to start the process.
- Once download is complete, look for the install_flash_player.apk from the Notifications, and then tap on it to install.
- When installation is complete tap Done, and enjoy.
Due to security threats and vulnerabilities, make sure to upgrade to the latest version the second a new comes out. But make sure it’s a secure download or risk bringing to your Android system the very security problem you want to avoid.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.