It seems that Adobe has released the Lightroom CC 2015.8 update and you can now download and install it on your device. Today we will talk about the features, improvements and options that this new version of Lightroom CC comes with.
Lightroom CC version 2015.8: Performance Improvements
The Lightroom CC 2015.8 comes with some changes that will improve the responsiveness of the Lightroom experience. As soon as you install the new version of the application, you will notice some improvements in image editing responsiveness when you move files between folders, run catalog backups or do any other background tasks.
Lightroom CC version 2015.8: Fit/Fill Improvements
When using ultra high-resolution monitors, you will be able to take advantage of the zoom to fit and zoom to fill options. We remind you that these features had some issues in the past, as they would not completely fill the Loupe window.
Lightroom CC version 2015.8: New Features
You can now create or filter a Smart Collection for images that have Snapshots associated with them or export a Collection Set as a new catalog.
New Cameras That Support The Lightroom CC (2015.8)
- Canon EOS M5;
- Fujifilm X-A3;
- Google Pixel;
- Google Pixel XL;
- Hasselblad X1D;
- Leica TL;
- Nikon D5600;
- Olympus E-M1 Mark II (*);
- Olympus PEN E-PL8;
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ2500 (DMC-FZ2000 and DMC-FZH1);
- Pentax K-70;
- Samsung Galaxy S7;
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge;
- Sony Alpha a6500 (ILCE-6500);
- Sony Alpha a99 II (ILCA-99M2);
- Sony DSC-RX100 Mark V.
Here Are Some Fixed Issues That Have Been Reported By Customers
- The support for Canon 5D Mark IV dual pixel raw images has been improved;
- A new set of Camera Matching Profiles for the Canon 5D Mark IV has been released;
- When you will attempt to open an image in Photoshop, the Lightroom application will show an error dialog (keep in mind that this happens on Windows and only when you select “Open in Photoshop” as post-processing item in the export dialog);
- Some memory leaks have been fixed;
- An issue related to the Point Curve has been fixed;
- An issue with watermark opacity export slideshow has been fixed;
- An error that was causing a black screen when using Slideshow has been fixed;
- An issue that was causing background images in Slideshow to sometimes appear pixilated has been fixed;
- An inconsistent preset sorting issue has been fixed;
- An issue that was causing the video files from Sony cameras to not be imported into Lightroom has been fixed;
- Some issues that were happening when trying to import video files from iPad or iPhone via USB have been fixed.