Android 7.0 Nougat will roll out slowly to eligible devices and it won’t be available for smartphones that are more than two years old and users will need to settle for custom ROMs, which they will install with maximum attention. If they won’t follow the right steps, they will risk bricking their phones and we don’t want to be held accountable. Below we will explain how to install Android 7.0 Nougat using AOSP Nougat custom ROM on Samsung’s Galaxy S4.
The Galaxy S4 was released in April 2013 and currently, it runs on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. If you want to install Android 7.0 Nougat on it, you will need to use AOSP Nougat custom ROM, which runs pretty well, but video recording is broken. So, before proceeding with the installation of the latest OS, here’s what you need to do:
– Download and install USB drivers for your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505, because otherwise, the PC won’t recognize it;
– Go to the developer menu and enable USB debugging mode;
– Install a custom recovery tool such as TWRP or CWM on your phone;
– Backup your data;
– Make sure that the battery of your Galaxy S4 is charged to at least 70%.
Now, carefully follow these steps and in a few minutes, you’ll have Nougat running on your Galaxy S4:
– Download AOSP Android 7.0 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 from here and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card using a USB cable;
-Download GApps for Android 7.0 Nougat from here and place the zip file on SD card;
– Turn off your phone and unplug it from PC;
– Reboot your phone into Recovery mode (press and hold down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until you see the screen flashing);
– In the recovery mode, backup your files so that you will be able to recover them if you want to return to your old OS;
– Select wipe data/factory reset, then Yes to confirm your action;
– It will take a few minutes for your phone to wipe data;
– Return to CWM recovery menu and select Wipe Cache Partition, then Wipe Dalvik Cache;
– Select install zip from sdcard and locate the AOSP Android 7.0 ROM and press the Power button to select it;
– Select Yes to confirm installation;
– Repeat the processor for GApps;
– In the end, return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now. The device will run on the new operating system.