The first Angry Birds game was released in 2009 and since then, it has spawned several other games as well as a movie. Originally released for iOS and Maemo, the game proved to be so popular that Rovio Mobile developed versions that would be playable in video game consoles as well as desktops.
Angry Birds is basically a slingshot game where a bird is launched with the aim of knocking off a pig from different structures. While game play may be thought of as silly, it’s really active. The game was also received positively by critics. To this date, it still remains one of the most successful mobile apps of all time.
As of this writing, there are 13 games in the Angry Birds series:
- Angry Birds – The original game released in 2009.
- Angry Birds Seasons – This featured holiday levels.
- Angry Birds Rio – This was meant to promote the films Rio and Rio 2.
- Angry Birds Friends – This game is involves weekly tournaments and is available on Facebook.
- Angry Birds Space – This is a space-themed version of the game
- Angry Birds Star Wars – This was tied to the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Angry Birds Star Wars II – This is another tie in with Star Wars, but this time with the prequel trilogy and the Star Wars Rebels television show.
- Angry Birds Go! – This is the first racing-themed game in the series.
- Angry Birds Epic – This is a role-playing game.
- Angry Birds Transformers – This is a side-scrolling shooter game and a tie-in to the Transformers franchise.
- Angry Birds 2 – This is the direct sequel to the first Angry Birds where players pick bird to launch at pigs and features multi-stage levels.
- Angry Birds Action! – This is a pinball-type game that features the movie versions of the birds.
Given that it took until the 12th game in the series to get a direct sequel, it gives cause to wonder if an Angry Birds 3 is in store for the future. That possibility cannot be ruled out but the sequel was just released in 2015. 2016 may be drawing to a close but it still feels too soon for a follow-up. But whichever the case, Angry Birds remains one of the best games to be played on mobile devices.
Want to enhance your gaming experience? Maybe try a new mouse. Neurogadget recommends Logitech's Gaming Mouse for both its quality and gaming functionality.