The WhatsApp Video Calling feature has been released for the devices that run on Android OS. If you own a device such as Nokia X, Nokia X2 or Nokia XL, then you can now install the latest WhatsApp BETA version and start using the Video Calling feature right away.
WhatsApp BETA Installation (old way)
- Download the WhatsApp 2.16.362 APK from the official WhatsApp website;
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” option by accessing your device’s Settings->Security;
- Head to the location where you have saved the WhatsApp 2.16.362 APK file and tap on it to start the installation process.
WhatsApp BETA Installation via Google Play Store (new way)
You can also install the latest WhatsApp BETA version directly from the Google Play Store. Below we will explain you how you can do this:
- Open this Google Play Store webpage;
- When the page loads tap on the “BECOME A TESTER” button;
- Once you do this you will become a WhatsApp BETA Tester on the official Android store;
- Finally, open the Google Play Store, search for WhatsApp 2.16.362 and install it on your smartphone.
Keep in mind that the Video Calling feature might not function with all your WhatsApp friends. In other words, for this feature to function, the person you are trying to call will need to have the latest WhatsApp version installed on his/her Android/iOS/Windows Phone handset.
There are some new rumors which are suggesting that a multiple-video calling feature might be added soon to the application. If this will really happen, then you will be able to call 2 (or maybe more) persons at the same time on WhatsApp. This feature will be awesome if you have common friends and want to plan a party or a trip.
Do you think that multiple-video calling feature will be added soon to WhatsApp?
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.