iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices have just received the third Developer Beta of iOS 10.2, which brings new Unicode 9.0 emoji, new wallpapers for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, new camera features and many more. Apple has “forgotten” to update watchOS, but it brought new builds for macOS and tvOS.
Apple will soon release iOS 10.2 for everybody, but users who want to try out the new features before they’re added to the final version can join the Developer Program or the free public beta program. According to the change-log, the third beta of iOS 10.2 that was released yesterday comes with:
– Three new wallpapers exclusive for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus;
– Videos app has a new widget;
– There’s a new Preserve Camera setting;
– Apple has added new emoji, which are also available on macOS 10.12.2 and watchOS 3.1.1;
– A new “Press and Hold to Speak” menu has been placed under Home Button Accessibility settings;
– A new “Celebration” Messages screen effect has been added;
– Under Music Settings has been introduced a new “Show Star Ratings” option;
– The headphone icon that was previously seen with the Beats Solo3 has been introduced in the status bar for Bluetooth audio devices;
iOS 10.2 beta included the new Single Sign-On feature that received a new Settings panel named TV Provider. In the first beta, Videos app was still present, TV app has been included, TV widget joined Videos widget and users who clicked power button five times triggered the SOS feature similar to Apple Watch. On beta 3, TV app totally replaced Videos app, Feedback app has returned and the SOS feature is now only available in India.
As for the new macOS 10.12.2 Sierra beta 3, it doesn’t have a change-log, so we don’t know what has changed, but its build number is 16C48b. There isn’t much known about tvOS 10.1 beta 3 either.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.