Xiaomi is still working on the release of the Android Nougat MIUI 9 update for its devices. However, it seems that the custom ROM developer CyanogenMod has already released an Android Nougat version for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Xiaomi Mi 4 and today we will teach you how to install it on your device.
It is good to know that some of the features that are found on the official Android Nougat OS are not available on this custom operating system. At the same time, you might also find some bugs or other annoying issues while using this custom ROM.
How To Install Android Nougat (CyanogenMod CM 14.1 Custom ROM) On Xiaomi Mi 3 and Xiaomi Mi 4
- Download CyanogenMod Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM zip for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Xiaomi Mi 4 to your PC;
- Download Google Apps zip to your PC;
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 3/Xiaomi Mi 4 to your PC via an USB cable;
- Copy the two zip files on your Xiaomi Mi 3/Xiaomi Mi 4’s microSD card;
- Turn off the mobile device and disconnect it from PC;
- Turn on your device in “Recovery Mode” by pressing and holding on “Power” and “Volume up” buttons;
- Once you enter Recovery Mode, you will need to clear the phone’s internal memory by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset” option;
- Also, make sure that you clear the cache memory by selecting “wipe cache partition”;
- Install the new OS and the Google Apps by going back to the main recovery screen and selecting “install zip from SD card”;
- Choose the CyanogenMod Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM zip and wait for it to be installed on your mobile device;
- Now tap again “install zip from SD card” and choose Google Apps;
- Once the installation is complete, you will have to select “Go back” and reboot the device;
- The device will now boot on the newly CyanogenMod Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM that you’ve just installed on it.