Today we will talk about the latest version of WhatsApp application that has been released for Android devices. But before we begin, we remind you that this is the latest BETA version of it, which means that you might find some bugs, errors and other kind of issues which can be quite annoying.
The new WhatsApp version 2.16.349 BETA can now be downloaded and installed directly from the Google Play Store, but we will tell you how you can do that later in this article. As you know, the Video Calling feature is already available on the WhatsApp BETA version so it is just a matter of time until it will be added to the STABLE version.
WhatsApp 2.16.349 BETA: What’s New?
- Ability to draw or add text and emoji to the videos and photos that you send on WhatsApp;
- You can now mention specific people in groups by tapping the “@” symbol followed by the person’s nickname;
- The group admins can now invite people in their group by sharing a link; this link can be found by accessing Group Info->Add Participants->Invite To Group Via Link;
- New emoji have been added;
- Sending a single emoji will now appear larger in chats.
WhatsApp 2.16.349 BETA: How To Install On Your Android Device
As we’ve told you above, the new WhatsApp BETA version can be installed directly from the official Android store. However, first of all, you will need to become a WhatsApp BETA Tester by accessing this Google Play Store webpage. Once the webpage loads, tap on the “BECOME A TESTER” button. Finally, you will need to open the official Android store, search for WhatsApp 2.16.349 BETA and install it on your smartphone.
Have you tested the latest WhatsApp BETA version on your Android device? Tell us your thoughts about it!
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.