Today we will talk about Sony’s PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Slim and PlayStation 4 Pro consoles. If you don’t have any of these three consoles yet, but you want to purchase one, then you’ve come to the right place, as today we will compare them.
- PS4: measures 305x275x53mm and weights 2.8KG;
- PS4 Slim: measures 288x265x39mm and weights 2.1KG;
- PS4 Pro: measures 327x295x55mm and weights 3.3KG.
- PS4: 2x USB 3.0, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, Optical Audio output, HDMI 1.4 and 1x PS camera;
- PS4 Slim: 2x USB 3.1, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI 1.4 and 1x PS Camera;
- PS4 Pro: 3x USB 3.1, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x PS Camera, HDMI 2.0 and Optical Audio Output
The PS4 and PS4 Slim come with an octa-core AMD Jaguar processor clocked at 1.6GHz, a 1.84 TFLOP AMD Radeon graphics card and 8GB GDDR5 RAM. On the other hand, the PS4 Pro comes with an improved octa-core AMD Jaguar processor clocked at 2.1GHz, a 4.2 TFLOP AMD Radeon graphics card and 8GB GDDR5 + 1GB of RAM.
Reports say that the PS4 Pro comes with a 30% CPU and 100% GPU boost compared to the PS4 and PS4 Slim. In addition, the 1GB of RAM is used for non-gaming purposes, meaning that the 8GB GDDR5 of RAM are reserved for your gaming at all times.
- PS4: comes with a 500GB/1TB HDD (can be changed by the user);
- PS4 Slim: comes with a 500GB/1TB HDD (can be changed by the user);
- PS4 Pro: comes with 1TB HDD (can be changed by the user).
A casual gamer will now most likely go for the PS4 Slim console, as it is slightly better than the “old” PS4 console and the price is the same. However, if you are a hardcore gamer, we suggest you to go for the PS4 Pro, because the processor and graphics card are superior and the extra gig of RAM will make sure that the 8GB GDRR5 of RAM will be used exclusively for running games.
Want to enhance your gaming experience? Maybe try a new mouse. Neurogadget recommends Logitech's Gaming Mouse for both its quality and gaming functionality.