It seems that Verizon is finally releasing the Android Marshmallow OTA Update for the BlackBerry Priv device.
It is good to know that BlackBerry has released the Android Marshmallow for the unlocked version of its Priv handset back in April 2016, but only a few months later, in August 2016, AT&T has finally brought the same update for this device. It seems that about six months later, Verizon has decided to release this OTA update for the mentioned handset.
Verizon’s official support page has not been updated yet to confirm the release of the OTA Update, but we suggest you to check for it right away by taking the following steps:
• Make sure that the BlackBerry Priv has at least 80% battery left and it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network
• From the Home Screen pull down the notification menu and tap on the “Settings” button
• Head to System->About Phone->Software Update and tap on the “Check for Updates”
• If an update is available for your device you will receive a prompt to download and install it.
• When the installation is complete your device will automatically restart.
HTC To Release The Its Desire A17 In The United States Soon
As most of you already know, HTC is preparing to release in the United States another mobile device that will run on Android OS. The expected device is named HTC Bolt and while it will be firstly available only in the US via Sprint carrier, the company will also release it worldwide sometime later.
However, you should know that along with the HTC Bolt, a new handset named HTC Desire A17 is expected to be released too. The HTC Desire A17 is rumored to run on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 with HTC’s new user interface and it will most likely be announced on November 11, 2016.
We don’t have any information regarding the HTC Desire A17 specifications, but there are rumors according to which it will not be powerful enough to run on Android Nougat.