It is understandable to have messages accidentally deleted due to updates to the operating system or to the app itself.
In the case of deleted WhatsApp and WeChat messages, there are certain steps that you need to mimic. Here are some important tips for WeChat and WhatsApp users.
Recovering WhatsApp Messages
- Visit the Google Play Store and search for the ES File Explorer app and install it. Then, open the app from the home screen.
- You need to find the WhatsApp folder and tap on it. Select the Databases folder. You will be able to see the data for the past seven days.
- Press and hold the msgstore.db.crypt8 file icon for a matter of seconds to be selected. You will then find at the bottom of the screen and tap the Rename option. Just give it a new name Backup-msgstore.db.crypt8 and tap the OK button.
- Pan back to the database folder and choose the message that you might want to recover. To select, simply press and hold its icon for a few seconds. After selecting the file, choose the Rename option at the bottom and rename it to msgstore.db.crypt.
- Go to the Settings option of the phone and select Apps. Choose the WhatsApp app and select clear data tab and tap OK to confirm. After that, you need to close all apps and open WhatsApp again. You will be asked to set up your account. Take note that you need to select the Restore option when you enter your registered mobile.
- Tap the Continue button and you will be asked to enter your profile name. Simply tap the Next button found at the top right portion of the screen. Tap the Continue option and then the contact that you have backed up in the previous steps. The recovered messages will be shown including the date below the contact.
Recovering WeChat Messages
- Tap the Apps option and click on WeChat and Me.
- Go to Settings and then click on Chat and tab the Chat History option.
- Tab the Backup/Restore Chat History and click on the backup file and click on Restore.
These are just a few of the possible solutions to retrieve deleted WhatsApp and WeChat messages.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.