Do you know how many video game consoles are now available in the market? There should be so many that you will end up dazed and confused finding the one to suit your needs. Well, to narrow down your choices, take a look at one of the most popular game consoles designed by Sony Corp. – the latest being PlayStation 4 Pro or better known as PS4 Pro. But, when making a decision to buy a game console, it takes more than just popularity to decide.
It is a known fact that PS4 Pro has some interesting features as a video game console. For those who are not familiar with this product, here are some notable features to begin with.
- Main Processor – it has a custom-chip with single processor unit
- CPU – it is made of x86-64 AMD codename Jaguar with 8 cores
- GPU – graphics engine is based on the AMD Radeon with 4.2TFLOPS of power
- Storage Size – total of 1Terabytes of storage
- Memory – it has a GDDR5 8GB and a 1GB VRAM
- Weight – it weighs around 3 kilograms
- Disk Drives – contains DVD x 8 CAV and a BD x 6 CAV
- Network – it has an Ethernet port that is 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Power – maximum power consumption is at 310W, AC100V at 50/60Hz
- AV Output – it has a digital out or optical port and an HDMI out port that supports 4K and HDR.
Basically, in comparison with the PS4, the PS4 Pro runs games faster. It also has fewer framerate tears, particularly in intensive games, which provides smoother gaming results. Meanwhile, its improved GPU offers twice as powerful as the original PS4.
When deciding if you are going to wait for the PS5 or buy the latest PS4 Pro, there are things that might change your mind. For instance, a lot of people might be looking ahead in terms of improvements and enhancements to the current model, which might provide great value for money.
Thus, the PS5 might be an exciting product to look forward to. However, it might not just be the case if you ask the critics. This is because even if Sony can release tons of new features, it is not common for the company to release a new product with a dozen different enhancements to its current product.
This means that even if PS4 Pro has very impressive specs, the PS5 wouldn’t be as advanced as you might think it will be. If you can just visualize, the original PlayStation was not so much of a weird item in terms of design. In fact, you still have the disc drive as a main source of games when you like to play.
Consequently, the amount of data needed for 4K resolution would still require discs to hang around a little bit longer. So, the PS5 might not be that much improved than the one available today. If you are going to buy a product from Sony, then the PS4 Pro should be the right choice.
Want to enhance your gaming experience? Maybe try a new mouse. Neurogadget recommends Logitech's Gaming Mouse for both its quality and gaming functionality.