A few weeks ago, the Nexus 6 has received the Android 7.0 Nougat update. It is good to know that this will be the last major Android version that will be released by Google for the mentioned handset. We can say that the same thing will happen with the Nexus 9.
We remind you that according to some rumors, Google was planning to update the Nexus 6 straight to Android 7.1, but that didn’t happen. Now, the users are wondering the big search engine company will bring the Android 7.1 update for the Nexus 6 or the handset will not receive any kind of updates anymore. We remind you that the two years warranty for the Nexus 6 will expire next month, so there are very high chances that the device will not receive updates anymore.
However, let’s say that the Nexus 6 will not receive the Android 7.1 update and it will stick with Android 7.0. We can say that the operating system is solid and you don’t have any reason to throw away the Nexus 6 for now. It is good to know that Google will keep releasing security patches for the Nexus 6 until November 2017, so you don’t have to worry about security issues.
Nexus 6: Specifications
- Dimensions: 159.3x83x10.1mm
- Weight: 184 grams
- Display and resolution: 5.96-inch AMOLED supporting a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels at 493 ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
- Processor: Quad-core Krait 450 clocked at 2.7GHz
- RAM: 3GB
- Graphics Card: Adreno 420
- Storage variants: 32GB and 64GB
- Battery: 3220 mAh non-removable Li-Po
- Cameras: 13MP (primary camera) and 2MP (secondary camera).
As you can see, the specifications of this device are pretty good and even if the phone doesn’t have a pretty good “selfie” camera, we can say that it is still worth keeping for the time being.