There are still plenty Nexus 5 owners who are not ready yet to ditch their phones, but Google will not upgrade this model and the only way to get Nougat is via custom ROMs. So, the XDA Developer Forum members have created the Euclidean custom ROM, which offers exclusive themes wallpapers shortcuts and other features that users will find useful. Below, we will explain you how to install this Custom ROM on the Nexus 5.
Before installing Android 7.0 Nougat Euclidean custom ROM, make sure that you have a Nexus 5 (aka Hammerhead) LTE only model and it’s rooted. You will also need to install TWRP, but before that, back up all the data because it will be wiped out later. Connect the phone to your PC using a USB cable (and install the USB driver on the computer, to recognize the Nexus 5). The device must have at least 80 percent battery juice left, because if the installation process will be interrupted by a sudden shutdown, the phone will be bricked.
Follow the exact steps for a successful installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Euclidean custom ROM and in a few minutes, you will enjoy all new features of Nougat.
– Get Android 7.0 Nougat Euclidean custom ROM and Google Apps from the internet and save them in to your PC;
– Connect your phone to your PC;
– Copy and paste the Android Nougat AOSP ROM to your phone’s storage memory;
– Turn off your Nexus 5 and disconnect it from PC;
– Enter Recovery mode by long pressing Volume Down and Power buttons;
– In the TWRP settings menu select “Wipe” option to clear phone’s memory. After that, select “Swipe to Factory Reset” to perform factory reset;
– Head back to TWRP settings and tap “Install”. Go to your phone’s storage memory and select .zip file that was copied from PC;
– Return to TWRP menu setting and tap “Swipe to Confirm Flash”;
– Flash the custom ROM and a few minutes later, you will see on the screen a “Successful” message, which confirms that the installation is complete.
If you encounter boot loop problems, return to TWRP settings, then select “Wipe cache/dalvik”.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.