Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta is the fact that you can upload a personalized skin for your player. You can create the skins from the scratch yourself, or you can choose them from an array of pre-designed themes.
If you want to create your own skin, you should carefully follow these steps:
- Start your web browser from the taskbar, desktop or Start menu.
- Go to http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin-editor/.
- Choose a color from the color wheel you will see there.
- Apply the color on the squares on the model by clicking on them.
- Use the eraser button and click on the squares you want to erase the color from, if you made a mistake or changed your mind.
- Rotate blank spaces besides the model by clicking and dragging them.
- When you’re done, click on Download to Computer.
- Click on Save to keep your result.
However, if you’re not feeling creative, you also have the chance to download pre-made skins from their website. Here’s how:
- Start the web browser just like above.
- Go to http://www.minecraftskins.com/.
- Choose the skin you like most and click on it.
- Click on Download and make sure you are downloading it as a .png file.
- Click on Save and the skin will be saved in your Downloads folder or any other location you set as the default one to save items.
On the other hand, if you want to upload your skin to Minecraft to let other players enjoy it too, you should proceed like this:
- Enter the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.
- Click on the hanger button under the avatar of your character.
- Click the blank model under the Default option.
- Click on Choose New Skin and choose it from Downloads or where you saved your own.
- Open the skin you want.
- Choose the model type and click on Confirm Skin.