Samsung has released its Galaxy J7 in June 2015, while the Galaxy S7 has hit the stores in March 2016. The former is a mid-range device, while the other is a flagship, but if yu want to learn more about their specs, check out this comparison.
The Galaxy J7 measures 152.2×78.7×7.5mm and weights 171 grams. The phone doesn’t have a premium design, as Samsung has opted for a classic and cheap looking plastic shell available in White, Black and Gold colors. On the other hand, the Galaxy S7 is thicker and lighter as it measures 142.4×69.6×7.9mm and weights 152 grams. The device looks luxurious, as its back is made of shinny glass and customers can choose from the following colors: Black, White, Gold, Silver and Pink Gold.
The Galaxy J7 features a super AMOLED display of 5.5-inch that supports a resolution of 1280×720 pixels at 267 ppi. The Galaxy S7 has a smaller super AMOLED display of 5.1-inch that supports a higher resolution of 2560×1440 pixels at 577 ppi.
Processors, Graphics Cards & RAM
The Galaxy J7 comes in two variants, as follows:
– Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 or Exynos 7580 Octa
– Processor: a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.4GHz and a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.0GHz or an octa-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.5GHz
– Graphics Card: Adreno 405 or Mali-T720MP2
– RAM: 1.5GB of RAM.
The Galaxy S7 has been also released in two variants:
– Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 Octa
– Processor: dual-core Kryo CPU clocked at 2.15GHz and a dual-core Kryo CPU clocked at 1.6GHz or a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.6GHz and a quad-core Mongoose CPU clocked at 2.3GHz
– Graphics Card: Adreno 530 or Mali-T880 MP12
– RAM: 1.5GB or 4GB of RAM.
The Galaxy J7 has been released with an internal storage of 16GB while the Galaxy S7 comes in two storage variants of 32GB and 64GB. However, you can expand the storage on both devices up to 256GB using a microSD card.
The Galaxy J7 sports a primary camera of 13MP that features LED flash, autofocus, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama and a secondary camera of 5MP. The Galaxy S7 has a primary camera of 12MP (with more advanced software) that features phase detection autofocus, LED flash, OIS, geo-tagging, touch focus, auto HDR, panorama, face detection and a secondary camera of 5MP.
Both devices are powered by a battery of 3000 mAh.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.