WhatsApp has become one of the most widely used messaging app today. And, for good reason. After all, it allows you to pretty much communicate with anyone, anywhere in the world without paying anything. As long as you’re connected online, you can send messages, make a call or share files. So download it on your Samsung phone today.
Depending on the model that you own, the process can be quick and easy, or a bit complicated. Either way, you will have one of the most popular messaging app service on your mobile phone.
How to download WhatsApp the quick and easy way
- From the home screen on your Samsung smartphone, tap Apps.
- Tap on Play Store, and then type in the search bar WhatsApp.
- From the pop-up auto suggest list, look for WhatsApp and tap on it.
- Tap Install.
- On the WhatsApp Messenger permissions screen, tap Accept.
- Once installation is complete, tap Open to launch the messaging app.
If you’re using an old Samsung smartphone, with no native Android support for WhatsApp, you can download the app manually.
- Go to Settings > General > Security, and then check the option Unknown Sources.
- Open a browser from your smartphone, and then visit WhatsApp’s official website to download the appropriate APK version.
Once download is complete, simply tap on the downloaded link to start the installation process.
If the installation doesn’t start automatically, check out File Manager and see if the APK is stored in the Downloads folder. Otherwise, move it to the right folder and restart the installation process.
You can also download the APK file from your PC, then transfer it to your Samsung mobile phone to start the installation.
Downloading WhatsApp on all Samsung devices may not follow a single process, but the end goal is the same. After installation is complete, you can then tinker with the app and stay connected to your heart’s content.