WhatsApp version 2.16.11 has been released for iPhone, but it doesn’t come with any new features or options. However, for now, the new update brings usual bug fixes and app improvements. Most likely, the developers are secretly working on new features and they will add them when the time is right.
Unfortunately, the Video Calling feature has not been added yet to the application, but you should know that it is expected to be released sometime soon. It is good to know that you can already create and send GIFs, share photos without losing their quality and even edit videos and photos.
WhatsApp version 2.16.11 for iPhone: What’s New?
- In iOS 10 you will notice a bug that will cause the WhatsApp notification sounds to not properly play until you restart your iPhone
- In groups, you will be able to get the attention of certain people by typing the “@” symbol and choosing someone from the list
- When forwarding messages, you will be able to send them to multiple chats at once
- You can now ask Siri to send WhatsApp messages or even make Voice Calls via the application
- Ability to answer WhatsApp calls right from the lock screen, just like a standard phone call (it works only in iOS 10)
- A new Widget has been added and it allows you to quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages (requires iOS 10).
As you can see, the new WhatsApp version for iPhone comes with a few improvements, but it doesn’t offer the Video Calling feature yet. As soon as this new option will be added to the application, we will let you know!
Are you using WhatsApp application to send/receive messages to/from your friends? Tell us your thoughts about this popular mobile messaging application!
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.