No doubt you use Twitter all day, and then use it when you’re in bed, trying to get some sleep. If only the feeds aren’t that engaging, right?
Studies showed that one of the causes of difficulty sleeping is the white light that your smartphone emits. It can also lead to eye strain, especially if you use your mobile device under low, dim or no light at all.
But Twitter cares, and the company has launched a new feature called “Night Mode” that changes the app’s theme into a dark color, making it easier on the eyes and minimizing the likelihood of having a hard time sleeping.
So why not take advantage of it?
How to Turn on Night Mode for Android
- On your Twitter app, go to the Profile icon in the top menu of your Android device.
- Search Night Mode and then toggle the switch on.
It’s that simple. You can then enjoy a vision-saving display. If you want to revert to the previous mode, just follow the steps above and then toggle the switch off.
How to Turn on Night Mode of iOS
- Make sure the Twitter app is updated.
- From the Twitter platform, tap on the “Me” tab at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on Settings > “Turn On Night Mode.”
- To reverse, follow the same steps and tap on “Turn off Night Mode”.
If you prefer to use Twitter on your computer or laptop. You can enjoy the Night Mode using a new Chrome extension – Twitter Web Night Mode.
How to Install Twitter Web Night Mode on Chrome
- Look for the extension on Google Chrome by typing it in the search bar.
- Click on the search return Twitter Web – Night Mode – Chrome Web Store – Google.
- On the new window that opens up, click Add to Chrome.
- Wait for the installation to complete and for a small Twitter logo to appear on the Chrome toolbar. Click it on and off to activate/deactivate Night Mode.
It is important to note that the Twitter Web Night Mode on Chrome only applies to the homepage or your timeline/stream. Direct messages, notifications and search section will have the same regular theme. Let’s hope there will be improvements to this soon, considering how helpful Night Mode is for nighttime users.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.