While major handsets have now been able to update to the latest version of Android, many older devices are not that fortunate. Among them is the status of Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It is not clear when the device can get this major Android update.
In fact, this is also an issue for the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Alpha.
However, some developers have come up with a solution to this dilemma via a custom ROM. Provided that you own a Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005, there is a huge chance that you get your own version of Android 6.
This is via the TouchWiz Marshmallow custom ROM, and you will get to install the Android 6.0.1.
- Download the Android 6.0.1 ROM to your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer via a USB cable.
- You need to copy the downloaded zip file to the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot up your device via recovery mode, but first you need to turn off the device. Once off, you have to switch it on while pressing and holding the volume up button downwards, and the power and home buttons together.
- When you get into the ClockworkMod recovery, select the ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ option if you choose a full wipe out with the use of the power button. Take note that tapping your selection is disallowed.
- Select the ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ to wipe the cache.
- Then, you have to go to ‘Advanced,’ and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ to do a full dalvik wipe.
- Return to the main screen then choose ‘Install Zip from SD Card’, and then select ‘Choose Zip from SDCard.’
You have to use the volume keys and find the Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file and confirm the installation. When done, choose ‘Go Back’ and then select the ‘Reboot System Now’ to restart your Galaxy Note 3. When your device reboots, it will have the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.