On June 23, 2016, WhatsApp released a blog post on their official website announcing that as of that day, there have been more than 100 million voice calls made on the app every day. That surely is another great feat for the most popular messaging platform in the world. One of the main reasons why it has become a well loved communication tool for millions across the globe is because chatting or calling your friends or family locally or internationally is for free when you are connected to a WiFi network.
If you plan to install WhatsApp so you can start making free calls, here are some helpful things to know about using the service.
- Make sure to have an active Wi-Fi connection when using the call feature. Although you won’t be charged by your phone service provider for voice minutes when making calls via WhatsApp, you will be charged for the amount of data you use. However, if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, no charges apply.
- WhatsApp calling is available for iPhones (with iOS 7 and later version), Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry 10.
- You have to use another calling app to access 911 and other emergency numbers because you cannot do it through WhatsApp Calling.
- There are some countries where WhatsApp Calling is not available due to certain regulations, so make sure your country isn’t included before downloading the app.
- When Using WhatsApp to make free calls, make sure you are connected to a stable and reliable Wi-Fi network to avoid experiencing problems with the call. It is also advisable to turn off your bluetooth and battery saver when using the calling feature of the app.
Now that you know these helpful info, install WhatsApp on your mobile device and start enjoying free and convenient communication services.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.