As you know, it is always advisable to have the most updated version of WhatsApp in your iPhone to improve your experience and security as a user of the messaging app. However, you can still experience problems with crashing or freezing apps even after you have installed the latest WhatsApp update due to bugs and other causes. For these issues, try these troubleshooting tips.
- Force close the app, then relaunch it.
- Turn your phone off and on again. Try to launch the application and observe it it will still crash or freeze.
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp. If you don’t, install the most recent version. If you already do, then reinstall it.
- Update your iOS.
If you still experience crashing and freezing issues even after you have updated your software and installed the newest WhatsApp version, proceed to the following steps.
- See to it that you have enough storage space on your iPhone.
- Downgrade your iOS if it is possible. Sometimes the latest software version is what causes the bugs, so just wait for a later update that comes with the fixes for those problems.
- Give your iPhone some time to settle after updating your iOS and WhatsApp. Some issues go away after a few hours or days after you install an app or software.
Additional Tips to Avoid Crashing and Freezing of Apps
- Make sure to update WhatsApp and your other applications regularly.
- Try not to have too many apps opened simultaneously and make sure you close them properly after using them.
- Check the comments and reviews of apps before downloading them. If users have a lot of complaints, avoid installing these applications.
Aside from learning how to have a more convenient and more hassle-free messaging experience with WhatsApp, make sure you also stay informed on how to protect your privacy and security while using the app.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.