To find stronger and more powerful Pokemon, you need to power up your trainer level, and the only way you can do this is to gain experience (XP). You get 500XP for evolving a Pokemon, 100XP for catching and for every km travelled when hatching, 50XP for visiting PokeStops, and many other activities that will earn you some XP.
But if you want to get more experience and level up quickly, you need to use a Lucky Egg. If you use a Lucky Egg to evolve a Pokemon, you will earn 1000 XP, instead of the usual 500 XP. But if you want to make the most of your Lucky Egg, then you need to catch plenty of Pidgeys, Weedles and Caterpies.
Why is that, you ask?
- They are easy to find, which is well and good, since you need them to increase your trainer level.
- They cost less candy when you want them to evolve. Pidgeys, Weedles and Caterpies all require only 12 candies to turn into Pidgeotto, Kakuna, and Metapod, respectively. Since you get 3 candies for each monster you catch, you only need to catch four Pokemon of the same breed to get one to evolve.
- They can help you increase your trainer level faster. Catching a Pidgey, for example, will give you 100XP. Since you need four Pidgeys for them to evolve as one Pidgeotto, you will already earn 400XP. Add to this the 500XP you earn when evolving a Pokemon, then you’ll have a total of 900XP. If you do all these after you crack a Lucky Egg, the 900XP will double to 1800 XP, and that’s just for two activities.
Because you have 30 minutes to make the most of your Lucky Egg, go crazy by engaging in various in-game activities.
Pointers to remember before you use a Lucky Egg
- Catch as many Pidgeys, Weedles and Caterpies as possible.
- Look for a location that has two or more PokeStops nearby.
- Focus on evolving common Pokemon, and those in the new evolutionary states, when you set a Lucky Egg.
Discover other tips to help you become a Pokemon Go master.