WhatsApp Desktop App, which was released on May 2016, has been widely accepted by the WhatsApp community. This isn’t really surprising since the desktop application offers a different kind of convenience that the mobile app doesn’t provide: allowing people to enjoy the popular messaging service while they’re on their PC or Mac computers.
This means that WhatsApp users no longer have to pull out their phones every now and then to chat with their loved ones and that they can enjoy the convenience of typing messages with a physical keyboard.
But what exactly should you do to get WhatsApp Desktop App?
Well, you can download the application by taking these steps:
- Ensure that WhatsApp is installed in your phone. Download the latest version of the app if you don’t have it.
- Ensure that your computer runs on either Mac OS X 10.9 or higher or Windows 8 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Open your desktop web browser.
- Go to whatsapp.com/download.
- Choose the correct download link. (WhatsApp offers 3 download links: one for Mac computers, another for Windows 32-bit computers, and another for Windows 64-bit computers.)
- Download and install the application.
- Open WhatsApp Desktop App.
- Look for the QR code in the app.
- Open WhatsApp in your phone. Go to Settings and look for the WhatsApp Web menu.
- Scan the QR code in WhatsApp Desktop App using the WhatsApp application in your phone. Doing this connects your computer with your mobile device.
Once your PC or Mac is connected to your phone, you can start using WhatsApp Desktop App right away. Just remember that the desktop application mirrors the mobile WhatsApp application, so it won’t function if your phone is turned off.
Keep your mobile device on and connected to the internet to enjoy the features that WhatsApp Desktop App has to offer.