WhatsApp made communicating an even more convenient experience for their users when they released a computer based extension of the messaging app. WhatsApp Web allows you to send and receive messages on your mobile phone and PC as both devices become synced. Whatever action you take on your smartphone will apply to your WhatsApp Web and vice versa.
Checklist for Using WhatsApp Web
– an active WhatsApp account on your phone
– the latest version of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Edge as web browser on your computer.
– a stable internet connection on both your smartphone and PC
Many people have reported experiencing problems with sending and receiving messages when using WhatsApp Web, and the main reason is because their phone and/or computer doesn’t have a stable internet connection. Here is how to troubleshoot the issue.
Problems with Your Phone Connection
Remember that your WhatsApp Web is an extension of the messaging app on your phone. So if your mobile device doesn’t have a reliable web connection, it can cause problems with using WhatsApp properly. Try to send a message on WhatsApp in your phone, and if you can’t, proceed to the following steps:
- Reboot your phone.
- Turn your Wi-Fi or Airplane Mode off and on.
- Make sure you are using the latest WhatsApp version from the App Store.
- Reset your Network Settings.
- Turn your phone, Wi-Fi, or Airplane Mode off and on.
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure you have the most recent WhatsApp version from Google Play.
- Check if your data is enabled.
For Windows Phone
- Check if your phone has the latest WhatsApp version from the Windows Store.
- Make sure you have a Wi-Fi connection with working Internet access and a data plan with your carrier network. (Wi-Fi only Windows devices tend to have problems when using WhatsApp on them).
- See to it that you are within the coverage area of your Wi-Fi network. It must also be a location supported by your mobile carrier.
- Reboot your phone.
Problems with Your Computer Connection
Once your smartphone has a stable internet connection, the next step is to check your PC’s connection. Here are the steps to take:
Make sure your computer’s internet connection is working.
Refresh the WhatsApp Web page.
Reactivate your web session by logging out, then logging back in.
Check if you are using the latest version of your web browser.
You should take note that Internet Explorer and other browsers not listed above in the Checklist are not supported by WhatsApp Web. Also, if you are using a managed network (like at school or in the office), it might be configured to limit or block connections to WhatsApp Web and you must ask permission from your network administrator in order to use the messaging platform.
It can definitely be more convenient to sync your WhatsApp mobile app with your PC. So download WhatsApp Web on your Windows computer or Apple PC to enjoy easier messaging.