To date, Android 6.0 Marshmallow has been elusive to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. While almost all of the major handsets now feature the software version, it is still unclear whether Galaxy Note 3 will get it. It shares the same disappointment as the Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
But there are ways to resolve the problem, which is through the use of custom ROM.
If you own a Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005, you can use the TouchWiz Marshmallow custom ROM to install Android 6.0.1.
How to Install TouchWiz Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 3
Remember to back up your device, before installing a custom ROM, and upgrading to the latest software.
- Download TouchWiz Android 6.0.1 ROM to your computer.
- Using a USB cable connect your device to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded ROM zip file to your phablet’s SD card root.
- Turn off your device, and then disconnect from your computer.
- Boot in recovery mode, which can be done by switching the phone on, while pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons together.
- Once in ClockworkMod recovery, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option for a full data wipe, using the power button. You can’t tap on a selection while in recovery mode.
- Select ‘wipe cache partition’ to perform a cache wipe.
- Go to ‘advanced’, select ‘wipe dalvik cache’ for a full dalvik cache wipe.
- Go back to the main recovery screen, select ‘install zip from SD card’, and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Using volume keys, look for Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file, and then confirm installation.
- Once installation is complete go to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and then select, ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your Galaxy Note 3.
- Once your phablet restarts, it will now have Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
You can also use Phronesis Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM to achieve the same process.