The most popular messaging platform has released another update with WhatsApp 2.16.238. Although it is still in the beta phase for Android users, it is advantageous to be in the loop of any changes with the app so you are sure you have the latest and best version installed on your device.
Aside from subscribing to news alerts, you should also know how to check and install for yourself if there are any recent updates from the messaging app.
How to Get the Most Updated WhatsApp Version
- Go to the Google Play store and download the most recent version there.
- If it’s not yet available on Google Play, go to the official website of Whatsapp, which is whatsapp.com and go to the page for Android devices. You can download the latest version from there.
- For those who are interested in testing the beta version of the most recent update, search for reliable download sites that provide the latest WhatsApp version APK file.
Hacks on Getting the Most Updated WhatsApp Version
- If you will download an APK file of the app, make sure to allow your phone to download unknown sources. Go to Settings > Security > Device Administration, then enable ‘Unknown sources’.
- You can install the Update for Whastapp on Google Play. This is an app from FastappStudio that allows you to manually check which version of the messaging app on your smartphone and if there is a more recent version on the Google Play store. It can also notify you if there is a new update available.
- Before downloading the latest WhatsApp update, make sure you back up your chats manually.
Now that you know how to get the newest WhatsApp version, get to know more about the 2.16.238 update and decide if you really need to download it for your Android device.