Are you eager to install Android 6.0 marshmallow on any on your Android phone?
The first thing you need to do is to check if an update is already available for your mobile phone. You’ll find information in the tech universe if a new version has been released for your phone model, carrier or region. If it is, then you can readily update it from your mobile phone.
How to Update to Marshmallow
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Look for Software Updates or System Updates, and then tap on it.
- Tap on Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, if it’s already available in your device.
Just wait for the installation to complete and you’re done.
What if the update is still not available for your phone’s model?
Enable USB debugging
Go to Settings > About Phone, and tap on it 7 times until it will say Developer options have been enabled. Go back to Settings page, tap on developer options, and turn on USB debugging.
Install ADB on your computer
- To install a factory image of Marshmallow, you need to install ADB and Fastboot to your computer.
- On a PC, download the ADB installer for Windows.
- Once downloaded, search for the file, right click on it, and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type Y when prompted, and hit enter. This will install ADB and Fastboot to your computer.
- Download system image of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. There will be several options available, make sure you choose the right one.
- Unzip the image system file to the ADB folder created during the ADB installation e.g. C:\adb.
- Turn off your Android device, plug it into your computer and then start in Fastboot mode.
- Open the folder on your PC where the system is, and look for the file flash-all.bat. Double click on it to install Android Marshmallow on your Android device.
- Wait for your device to reboot. It should run the latest Android OS now.
Wondering if you should wait for Android N instead? Find out.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.