There’s a reason WhatsApp is so popular – it’s open for use on all platforms and can be downloaded for QWERTY mobile phones like Nokia Asha 201 and Nokia Asha 200 and any phone running Java. It’s important though that Nokia Asha phone users know how to properly install the program.
Steps For Nokia Asha 200
Your phone will need to have at least 3MB of space free for the download; 5MB to browse. You may need to delete or move items to make this happen. If your phone has a dual SIM feature, you’ll need to remove the second SIM.
- Open a browser on your computer and look for the WhatsApp APK Nokia Asha 200 Mobile file.
- Download it to the computer, receiving two files WhatsApp_Messenger.jad and WhatsApp_Messenger.jar.
- Move the downloaded files to the memory card for the Nokia Asha.
- Look for the downloaded files, copying them to your Games or Applications folder. Don’t have any duplicate files when you begin the installation process.
- Press the button to open Options and hit Update Version.
- Once downloaded, a prompt will show up that says “Open File Now, File Downloaded To My Apps.” This kick-starts the installation process. When you’re asked to continue, hit Yes.
- You’ll be asked to type your phone number in – don’t include the first 0 in your phone number.
- When you’re asked to send a SMS verification, hit yes or accept. Complete the entire process by adding in your WhatsApp ID so people can see it in their contact list. Hit Next when advised
- When the home screen appears, you can begin using the program.
You’ll need these two files to install the program. You’ll have to download Java files right to your computer.
Steps For Nokia Asha 201
- Open a browser on the Asha 201
- Type in http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/
- Follow the steps to download and install the app
If you go through the Nokia store, you’ll need to do the following:
- Look for and open the Nokia Store app on your phone
- Look for the S40 WhatsApp Messenger
- Click on it to begin the download and installation procedure
And, if you want better voice calls, make sure you download Nokia Asha’s WhatsApp 2.13.26.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.