Is Instagram not working on your mobile device?
There are several ways to troubleshoot the problem and get the app up and running again. How you fix a problem will depend on the error message that you get. For instance, if you get a message that says, “Sorry, we couldn’t connect to our login server. Please confirm you have an Internet connection and try again in a moment”, then you could have a connectivity problem on your hands.
Check your internet connection
Using Instagram might be a problem if you have a weak Wi-Fi or mobile data connection, what with it being a photo-based social network. Under the circumstances, more patience will help you through. Otherwise, do the following:
- Verify that you are connected online by using your Wi-Fi connection to access other apps or websites.
- Switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data connection to identify which one is working, and which one isn’t.
- Reset your Wi-Fi router.
- See that the Airplane mode is off instead of on.
Restart your device
Restart your mobile phone, tablet or other mobile device. Restarting has always been a reliable troubleshooting step whenever app and system problems arise.
Uninstall and reinstall Instagram
A fresh install may just be what you need to get your Instagram app working.
How to Uninstall/Reinstall Instagram on Android
- Go to Settings, tap Applications > Manage Applications > Instagram.
- Tap Uninstall to start the app removal process.
- Re-install Instagram. Go to the Google Play Store, search for Instagram, and then tap on the icon. The installation process will automatically start and complete.
How to Uninstall/Reinstall Instagram on iPhone and iPad
- Go to the Home screen, tap and hold the Instagram app icon until it shakes.
- Tap X to delete the app.
- Reinstall it like you did the first time.
How to fix photo uploading issues
Force quit Instagram if it suddenly freezes while you’re processing a photo.
- On Android, go to Settings, tap Applications > Manage Applications > Instagram > Force Stop.
- On iOS, double click on the home button until a tray pops up. Press and hold the icon for 5 seconds until it shakes. Tap the red minus button that will pop up to force quit the app.
Forcing the app to close should fix the freezing problem.
However, if the phone itself freezes while processing a photo in Instagram, force shutdown your device. Pressing and holding the power button down for a few seconds should do the trick.
Once Instagram is working properly again, start finding more followers in just a few simple tips.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.