WhatsApp is said to no longer work for some operating systems and smartphones. But Samsung users can breathe a sigh of relief, because the app will only a drop support for all Blackberry devices. Be warned, however, that if your phone is running Android 2.1 and Android 2.2, the messaging app will no longer work on these OS as well.
If this is not the case, then you can download the latest version of WhatsApp on all your Samsung phones, if you have more than one or two.
Download and Install WhatsApp for Samsung phones
- Go to Google Play Store in your Samsung smartphone.
- Run a search for WhatsApp on the search bar, and wait for the results.
- Tap on WhatsApp. On the WhatsApp page, tap on the Install button.
- The app will be automatically downloaded and installed on your phone.
Once in a while, WhatsApp will also release an updated version of its APK, which you should also download because it will help install future app updates faster. The initial download, however, can be a bit complicated than downloading the WhatsApp app itself.
Download and Install WhatsApp APK
- Go to www.whatsapp.com/android/ on your computer, and then tap on the Download Now button. You can also download and install APKs from trusted mirror sites.
- Once downloaded, copy the APK file to your Samsung phone’s internal storage or micro SD storage.
- On your Samsung phone, go to file manager and search for the APK file you just downloaded. Tap on it, and follow the on-screen instructions provided to you.
There are also instances when beta versions of WhatsApp are released to beta testers. You can join in the beta testing program, so you can get first-hand experience on the latest features under development. Anyone can be a better tester. Once you sign up, you can then download WhatsApp beta from the Google Play Store.
Learn more about downloading and installing WhatsApp on Samsung budget phones.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.