Samsung has a stronghold on the smartphone market for the sole reason of offering consumers an array of mobile phones, with prices that are extremely reasonable to costly. During the first half of 2016, Samsung, which is based in South Korea, released a number of models. Two such models include the Galaxy C5 and Galaxy J7, which have similar designs and builds.
However, you don’t want to make the mistake of confusing these two smartphones because they are different. While they look similar in design and builds, it’s what’s in them that sets them apart from each other.
Both phones are listed in the mid-range category, which makes them a worthwhile option to other mobile Samsung phones. While the Galaxy C5 is being marketed to the Chinese market, rumors suggest that it could be available to the rest of the world.
If you like the idea of owning a Samsung phone, you have two worthwhile choices to pick from – and you don’t spend a lot of money to do it. But, which phone model is best for you?
Samsung Galaxy J7
- Dimensions – 40×78.60×7.50
- OS – Android 5.1
- Weight – 171 grams
- Battery capacity – 3,000 mAh
- Display – 5.5 screen size, 720×1280 pixel resolution
- Hardware – 1.5GHz octa-Core processor, Samsung Exynos 7580 processor make, 1.5GB RAM and 16GB Internal storage
- Camera – 5-megapixel front camera, 13-megapixel rear camera
Samsung Galaxy C5
- Dimensions – 145.90×72.00×6.70
- OS – Android 6.0.1
Weight – 143 grams
- Battery capacity – 2,600 mAh
- Display – 5.2 screen size, 1080×1920 pixel resolution
- Hardware – 1.2GHz octa-core processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor make, 4GB RAM and 32GB Internal storage.
- Camera – 8-megapixel front camera, 16-megapixel rear camera
It would appear that the Samsung Galaxy J7 is quite larger in specifications than the Samsung Galaxy C5. However, the C5 offers a plethora of specifications that could outdo the J7, including the latest Android operating system – Android 6.0.1 instead of the 5.1 version.
If the specs are not convincing enough, consider how the mobile phone will be used. Does any of the features meet your requirements? If you want to take pictures with your phone, then you want the C5, as it as a higher resolution and better camera. It’s got no flash so it can’t be used at night. You really need to consider what you want from a phone if you want to take pictures.
If your smartphone is used for productive apps, you should consider the J7 with its faster processor. Still, the C5 smartphone is better than the J7 with its 4GB of RAM and latest operating software.