Do you want to install WhatsApp on your PC or Mac?
Now that the app is officially released, you no longer need to install an emulator before you can run the app. It’s now just a matter of clicking buttons and following instructions.
Install WhatsApp on Windows desktop
- Visit the WhatsApp download page, and click on the download link. For Windows 64 bit, there’s a huge download button that you can click. For the 32-bit version, you’ll need to scroll down further and click on the link.
- Once the download is complete, click on the setup file and install it like you would WhatsApp Web. Make sure the app is installed on your phone as well.
- Once installation is complete, launch the app and wait for the QR code to appear.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, and then go to Settings. Choose WhatsApp Web, so you can scan the QR code on your desktop.
You’ll know when installation succeeds, when the desktop client syncs with your phone and displays all contacts and conversations.
WhatsApp for Windows desktop is only available for Windows 8 and higher.
Install WhatsApp on your Mac
- Visit WhatsApp’s download page and click on the link that says “Download for Mac OS X 10.9 and higher”.
- Once download is complete, drag the app to your Mac folder. A QR code will appear on your screen.
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone, and go to WhatsApp Web. Scan the QR code, and wait for your phone’s contacts and conversations to sync with your Mac.
Downloading and installing WhatsApp may take more than a few steps, but it is definitely less complicated.
Once all that’s done, you can proceed to enjoy some of the app’s most amazing features. These include voice calling and a variety of font styles, where you can use bold, italics and strikeout. A recent addition is the FixedSys font that you can also combine with the existing font styles.