TeamNuclear, the custom ROM developer community has released a new firmware for the OnePlus One device. The new NucleaRom software is based on the CyanogenMod CM13 Android 6.0.1 (r46) Marshmallow series and it contains a good amount of themes, wallpapers, new settings options, features and more.
Features that are found on NucleaRom:
– Gesture Options
– Performance improved tweaks
– Quick Lockscreen unlock feature
– Exclusive NucleaRom theme-based booting option
– CyanogenMod CM 13 series themes.
– Network traffic indicator.
Things To Know Before Installing A Custom ROM
– This version of NucleaRom has been installed only on OnePlus One (Bacon models only) so make sure that you have this device by heading to Settings->About Phone->Model Number
– The bootloader needs to be unlocked or else this will NOT function
– By installing a custom ROM you will lose the company warranty and the device will STOP receiving new updates
– You will need to clear the memory of your smartphones which means that you should back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) on your handset
– The USB drivers on your computer will need to be installed or else your handset will not be detected
– Make sure that your smartphones has more than 80% of battery or else it might shutdown in the middle of the installation.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow NucleaRom on OnePlus One Via TWRP Recovery
- Download NucleaRom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM to your computer
- Connect the OnePlus One smartphone to your computer using an USB cable
- Copy the NucleaRom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM into the smartphone’s storage memory (we suggest you to put the .zip file in the root folder)
- Turn off the OnePlus One smartphone and disconnect it from your computer
- Enter the Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power buttons. Once you are inside the Recovery mode, clear your smartphone’s memory by selecting the “Wipe” option and, after that, swipe to “Factory Reset” to perform a factory reset
- Return to the main Recovery mode menu, tap on “Install” and select the .zip file that you have saved on your smartphone’s memory and confirm the installation by swiping “Confirm Flash”.
- The installation will now begin and after a few minutes it will complete and it will reboot your smartphone. Once the OnePlus reboots, you will notice that it runs on NucleaRom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom