Apple has released the second beta of the upcoming iOS 10 to developers, and until September, the operating system will continue to receive beta updates that will contain new features and bug fixes. Members of the Apple Developers Program can test out iOS 10 beta 2 and give feedback about the improved Apple Music app, revamped messages etc. So, if you’re a developer and decide to enroll in the Apple Developers Program, in this article we’ll teach you how to upgrade to iOS 10 from iOS 9.3.2/9.3.3.
First of all, iOS 10 is supported on iPhone 5 and newer models, iPad Mini 3 and 4, iPad Air, Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7-inch and 12.9-inch, and iPod 6th generation. And these are the steps you’ll need to follow in order to become a tester in the Developer Program, then to download and install iOS 10 beta on your device:
– Go to Apple’s Developer Program website and create an account using your credentials;
– Log into your account, click on certificates, identifiers and profiles;
– Check for “All under devices” and select it;
– Add your device by tapping the “+” button from the right corner;
– Enter the UDID of your iPhone device (Connect your iOS device to a computer, no matter if it’s a Mac or running on Microsoft Windows; Launch iTunes, click on the serial number, and see the UDID, which you’ll copy to your clipboard);
– Recheck all details before clicking register;
– Click DONE.
Now, you will be able to install iOS beta using configuration profile and there other steps to follow:
– the configuration Profile can be downloaded from the Developer download page;
– you can opt for the option to download configuration profile on your iPhone directly, or on Mac or Windows;
– the file saved on Mac or Windows will be emailed to an account associated with your iOS device;
– after that, connect your device to a wireless network;
– open Settings > General > Software update;
– tap Download and install.
– enter the passcode of the device when prompted.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.