The Pokémon Go game is now played by lots of gamers and this is confirmed by the amount of posts that we see about it all over Facebook, Twitter and other social networks out there. In addition, Reddit is also full of posts about this game, where all gamers are asking for tips and tricks about how to get a Pokémon or how to level up faster.
There are also people who are asking how they can install and play this game if they live in the EU. The reason they are asking this is because Nintendo and Niantic have released the Pokémon Go game in the US, but decided to delay the release date in the UK and other European countries because their servers can’t handle the amount of gamers that are currently playing this game right now. The servers are already crashing and by releasing the game in the UK and other countries in EU, it will just over-load the servers even more.
However, today we will give you some tips and tricks that will allow you to play Pokémon Go even if you live in a country from Europe.
How To Install Pokémon On Android If You Live Outside Of The US
If you own an Android device, then you should know that you can always download an APK file from the internet and install it on your handset. We agree that this is NOT the safest way to install an app/game on an Android device, but if you know where to download it from, you should be safe. In addition, by installing an application manually, you will NOT receive automatic updates, which means that it is not good, especially when we’re talking about a game.
However, there is a way to download and install Pokémon Go on your Android device even if you live in the EU and here are the steps that you will need to take:
- Head on your Android device’s Settings -> Accounts -> Add New Google Account;
- After that, use a Google Gmail address, but make sure that this is NOT your main Google account). This Google Account will be used to access the Google Play Store (US);
- Once you successfully add the new account to your device, you will need to visit wallet.google.com/manage/w/0/#settings. However, in order to make it easier for you, we suggest you to use your computer and select “US” when you will be prompted to select a country and enter a random zip code. You will also be able to add a payment method if you want, but you can also skip this step;
- Head back on your device and download/install a VPN application. There are many VPN applications on the Google Play Store, so make sure that you find a FREE one and install it on your Android device. You will use the VPN application just for a few minutes, but you will need to make sure that it has a server in the US, so that you can trick the Pokémon Go’s servers that you are located in the US.
- Connect to the US VPN, open the Google Play Store, switch to the new account t hat you’ve just created, search for Pokémon Go and install it on your Android device.
- Now you can disconnect from the VPN as you will NOT need it anymore and switch back to your main Google account
- Now you can play Pokémon Go on your Android device even if you are located in the EU.
Want to enhance your gaming experience? Maybe try a new mouse. Neurogadget recommends Logitech's Gaming Mouse for both its quality and gaming functionality.