iOS 10 beta was released to the public and members of the developer program are able to take part in the field tests. If you own an iPhone 5 or newer, iPad mini2 and newer, iPad 4th gen and newer, or iPd Touch 6th gen and newer and want to get the public beta on your device, below we’ll teach you how to do it.
iOS 10 Public Beta is almost identical to iOS Developer Beta 2, with small differences, but they’re running under the same build number, 14A5297C. There are some important prerequisites to take into consideration, such as making a backup, and Apple recommends you to use iTunes to save your data there. Since this is a in-development software, it may come with bugs and it’s better to install it on a secondary device, to avoid bricking the device you’re relying on.
So, these are the steps you’ll need to take in order to install iOS 10 public beta on your device:
– Open safari and visit Apple’s public beta website;
– Tap the Sign Up button;
– Use your Apple ID to sign in to the Apple Beta Program;
– Tap the Accept button you’ll see in the bottom right-hand corner of the Agreement page;
– Tap the iOS tab, then on the “enroll your iOS device” link;
– Tap the “Download profile” button and in the profile area of the stock Settings app tap
“Install” from the upper right-hand corner;
– Tap “Install” on the Consent page, then the “Install” button from the bottom of the page;
– Restart your device;
– The device will reboot and you’ll see the iOS 10 public beta profile installed on it;
– Now, head to Settings > General > Software Update and tap Checking for Update;
– Tap the “Download and Install” button, then on “Agree” from the bottom right-hand corner of the Terms and Conditions page;
– After the download process is complete, tap “Install Now”;
– You will be required to confirm the update multiple times, and it will take about 20 minutes for the installation process to complete.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.