Xbox One owners on the Preview program are getting a new software update whose version number is rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160705-1925. Besides bug fixes and performance improvements, this update has a feature that allows players to manage leftover add-ons for their games. The full change log for this update can be found below.
Before, players had to install a game to manage its add-ons, because while these add-ons were already installed on the device, the game associated with them was not. Microsoft has addressed this by adding a new option in Settings that allow players to manage your leftover add-ons. The feature can be accessed by going to Guide > All Settings > System > Storage > Manage leftover add-ons. From now on, when uninstalling a game, the Manage leftover add-ons interface will show the leftover add-ons and players will have the option to uninstall them.
Microsoft has also added a new Updates tab to My games & apps, where players have the possibility to view what updates are available for their games and applications. Updates can be installed by selecting the game or app from the Updates tab, but if the console is in Instant-On mode, these updates will be automatically installed when the device enters connected standby.
Here is the full list of bug fixes:
– Players will no longer enter their password to purchase Xbox 360 backward compatible games, movies or TV shows from the Store when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”;
– Store pages for purchased games were sometimes displaying a “Buy” button instead of an “Install” button;
– There was an issue that caused EA Access games to fail to launch due to error 0x803f8003;
– There was an issue that prevented music videos from playing in the Groove Music app;
– The update addressed an issue with stuttering and framerate lag in certain games.
There are still some issues in the Xbox One Preview version, which will be solved in the near future, and we’ll remind just a few problems:
– Players are unable to redeem a 5×5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console;
– When using certain language and region, the Store may fail to display content;
– You will see an error when trying to purchase or rent movies or TV shows from the old Movies & TV app.