Windows 10 has become quite controversial ever since its availability as a free upgrade for many users. Many have encountered problems and some of them have figured ways to get past these problems. This is why we thought it would be useful to share them with you.
- Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 – some people reported having issues with installing it when using Windows 7 or 8. In this case, you should go to Control Panel and make sure you have updated your PC. If you can’t update it, use the Troubleshooter. Always rely on their online help.
- Enable the pop-up blocker. This might be quite tricky, but you can do that if you click the three-dotted icon on the right of the address bar and go to Settings. Go to Advanced Settings, Block pop-ups and set it On.
- Microsoft Edge – save a page on the web as a HTML file. The browser on Windows 10 does not let you save web pages as HTML files, so what you can do is to open the page in Internet Explorer 11 and save it from there.
- Check what type of Internet Windows 10 is using. The new OS can use 4G data in the background, so make sure you go to settings and check the “Set as metered connection” option.
- Cortana is not available. In case you encounter this error, most likely it happens because of bad localization. Manually go to the Start Menu and select the correct region where you are. This will help it work better.
- Check the System Restore option. In Windows 10 this option is not available by default, so you have to enable it. Go to Start Menu and search for Create a Restore Point, and then you will be able to do it.
Every techie needs a pair of sick headphones. Neurogadget recommends these Audio Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for both their quality and their cool-factor.