When it comes to budget, mid-segment smartphones, Samsung Galaxy J7 never fail to make it on the list. But don’t underestimate it based on price as it packs impressive features. It definitely confirms a popular idea that not everything cheap is low quality.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Specs & Features
- It has an all-metal design that gives it a premium look and feel.
- It boasts of a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 720×1820 pixels.
- Built with 1.6 GHz octa-core processor, 2GB Ram, and 16GB of internal storage expandable up to 128GB external storage.
- Features 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and 5-megapixel front-facing camera, both of which have flash.
- Now available in Android 6.0 marshmallow.
- Removable 3000mAh battery offers longer use time in-between charges, complete with an Ultra Power Saving Mode that lets you talk and text, even when the battery life has dropped to 10%.
You see? It may be a budget smartphone, but its features make it more than a worthy investment.
But you might get an even better deal now that Samsung Galaxy J7 has become one of the smartphones under the prepaid carrier MetroPCS.
The unit can be yours for less than $200 after a mail-in rebate. It comes pre-loaded with Android 6.0.1, which means you don’t need to update to the latest Android operating system when you take the smartphone out of the box.
It is also a lot cheaper to stay connected using MetroPCS. For as low as $30 per month, you get to enjoy unlimited talk, text and high-speed data of 1GB. Choose a prepaid plan that is $10 higher, and enjoy the same unlimited talk and text but with 3GB of high-speed data. At $50 per month high speed data will increase to 5GB, and will become unlimited at $60 per month. It’s a great deal overall, whether you choose the cheapest or the most expensive prepaid plan.
Which plan you choose all comes down to your needs and preferences. If you need to stay connected online for hours on end, unlimited data plan is the ideal choice. But if you only use your phone for sending messages and making a phone call, the cheapest plan is just about right.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) is compared with Moto G4 Plus, and other budget mobile phones. When it comes to specs and performance, there are only a few differences between Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) and Moto G4 Plus, but the latter has an edge with RAM, storage options and fingerprint scanner.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.