There’s a reason why WhatsApp has become one of the most widely used apps it is not only applicable across all platforms, but also available for download even for QWERTY mobile phones, such as Nokia Asha 200 and Nokia Asha 201, and those running Java.
But unlike regular smartphones that support multi-touch gestures, Nokia Asha phones follow a different installation guide.
Download and install WhatsApp for Nokia Asha 200
Make sure your mobile phone memory card has at least 3 MB of free space for the file download, and 5MB for browsing. Move or delete items when necessary.
Remove the second SIM, if your phone has a dual SIM feature.
- From your computer, open up a browser and search for WhatsApp APK for Nokia Asha 200 mobile.
- Download WhatsApp on your PC. You will receive two files WhatsApp_Messenger.jar & WhatsApp_Messenger.jad.
- Transfer the downloaded files from your PC to your Nokia Asha’s memory card.
- On your mobile phone, search for the downloaded files and copy them to the Application or Games folder in your phone’s memory card. Make sure there are no duplicate files before you start the installation process
- Press the button that will open up OPTIONS, then press UPDATE VERSION.
- Once download is complete, a prompt will appear that says OPEN FILE NOW, FILE DOWNLOADED TO MY APPS. This will start the installation process. Press YES when prompted whether you want to continue.
- Type in your phone number on the WhatsApp screen that will appear. Remember to exclude the first 0 on your phone number.
- Press YES / ACCEPT when asked if you want to send verification SMS. Complete the setup process by adding your WhatsApp ID, which people will see in their contact list, and press NEXT when prompted.
- Once the WhatsApp home screen will appear, you can then start using the messaging service app.
Note: The two files needed for installation must be downloaded from a different phone or from your computer. Remember to download the Java files directly to your PC.
Download and install WhatsApp for Nokia Asha 201
From WhatsApp’s official website
- Open a web browser on your Nokia Asha 201
- Type in on the address bar http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/
- Follow the download and installation steps that will be provided.
From the Nokia store
- Look for the Nokia Store application in your Nokia Asha 201 and run the app.
- Search for S40 WhatsApp Messenger.
- Click on WhatsApp S40 Messenger to start the download and installation process.
To improve voice calls, download WhatsApp 2.13.26 for Nokia Asha.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.