The lack of a multiplayer mode may have made Fallout 4 Less popular, but its replay value only increased due to mods released to different consoles and platforms.
No doubt you played Fallout 4 when Automatron was released in March, and did the same thing when Wasteland Workshop was added in April. What are the odds that you played Fallout 4 on your PS4 or Xbox One when Far Harbor DLC came out in May?
So even without a multiplayer mode, you would want to play Fallout 4 over and over again. With more mods coming to consoles soon, fans definitely have something more to look forward to.
But the real highlight is the Fallout 4 Creation Kit that allows fans and players to create official Fallout 4 mods. If you own a PC and is familiar with the Creation Kit, you can start building your mods for console right away.
Crating Fallout 4 Console Mods
- Download bethesda.net launcher to your PC. The Creation Kit only works on PC.
- Log in to Steam.
- From your library, right click on Fallout 4, select Properties > Betas.
- From the drop-down menu, select Beta. This will update Fallout 4 to Fallout 4 Beta.
- You can then start to build Fallout 4 mods for consoles.
Because approval is particularly easy in this round of Creation Kit, you can practically go crazy. To the question of limitations, game director Todd Howard told IGN, “If someone is using assets from another game, we have to say, ‘No, you can’t do that’”. But that’s pretty much it.
For those who only want to just download fan-created content rather than make content, know that there is a new modding system that works based on a loading order. That is, mods are stacked in such a way that they work in compatible order.
It is important to note that mods are loaded accordingly, whether they have to be placed at the front or at the back of a load order. Otherwise, conflicts are likely to happen.
Key Fallout for mod details
- Modern Firearms (Gunsmith Edition). This mod contains 8 custom weapons with some serious attributes. This mod should be placed in the bottom of the load order.
- Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch. This offers a comprehensive bug fixing mod, which aims to fix bugs that were overlooked by Fallout 4 game developers.
- True Storms: Wasteland Edition. Based on the 5th-ranking Skyrim mod, True Storms: Wasteland Edition delivers exactly what its name conveys – radiation rains, dust storms, heavy rains and so much more.
Want to enhance your gaming experience? Maybe try a new mouse. Neurogadget recommends Logitech's Gaming Mouse for both its quality and gaming functionality.