Samsung has released its Galaxy J7 back in June 2015, while the Galaxy A7 has been revealed in February 2016. We will compare these two smartphones and let you decide which one you would prefer using.
The Galaxy J7 measures 152.2×78.7×7.5mm and weights 171 grams. On the other hand, the Galaxy A7 is slimmer and lighter as it measures 151×76.2×6.3mm and weights 141 grams. While the J7 has a matte plastic back available in White, Black and Gold colors, the A7 has its back made of Corning Gorilla Glass 4 available in colors such as Black, White, Gold and Pink and it looks similar to the Galaxy S7 flagship.
The Galaxy J7 has a super AMOLED display of 5.5-inch that supports a resolution of 1280×720 pixels at 267 ppi. The Galaxy A7 comes with a super AMOLED display of 5.5-inch that supports a higher resolution of 1920×1080 pixels at 401 ppi and it’s protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
Processors, Graphics Cards & RAM
Both devices come in two variants of chipsets, processors and graphics cards, as follows:
– Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 or Exynos 7580 Octa
– Processor: a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.4GHz + a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.0GHz or an octa-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz
– Graphics Card: Adreno 405 or Mali-T720MP2
– RAM: 1.5GB of RAM.
– Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 or Exynos 5430 Octa
– Processor: a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.5GHz + a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.0GHz or a quad-core Cortex A15 CPU clocked at 1.8GHz + a quad-core Cortex A7 CPU clocked at 1.3GHz
– Graphics Card: Adreno 405 or Mali-T628 MP6
– RAM: 2GB of RAM.
Both devices come with an internal storage of 16GB, but the Galaxy J7 supports microSD cards up to 128GB, while the Galaxy A7 recognizes microSD cards up to 64GB, which can be used for storage expansion.
Both devices sport a primary camera of 13MP that features autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, panorama, face detection, touch focus and a secondary camera of 5MP.
The Galaxy J7 comes with a removable battery of 3000 mAh, which is more powerful than the non-removable 2600 mAh battery that the Galaxy A7 features.
Take your mobile photography game to the next level with this affordable clip-on lens kit from Xenvo. Comes with a macro lens and a super wide angle lens that easily clip onto your phone for professional-grade photos on the go.